The idea for The Big Gay Collective came directly from necessity. I needed a gift for a gay friend, so I Googled "gay candle" and only found kitschy or immature candles that were either a one-off by a straight-owned company, or covered in glitter and unicorns and rainbows. Don't get me wrong, I love a unicorn shitting glitter on a rainbow, but not when looking for something classier. I wanted something that could be left out when your parents show up for a random visit (cue eye roll for dildo-shaped candles). Enter the idea for The Big Gay Collective.
At first glance, our products might be found in a local mercantile or shop, showcased with other home products. Upon closer inspection, though, one will notice the humorously crafted, well designed, relatable labels that capture the essence of being an LGBTQ+ person today. Now the market has a gay-owned, all-natural, 100% soy wax candle company that provides quality home products you can have pride in displaying at all times.
The Big Gay Collective hopes to serve the community in multiple ways, not only selling curated scent products, but by donating a portion of the profits to local Kansas City, MO and Midwest organizations that provide shelter, education, and sexual health services for LGBTQIA+ youth and teens.
- We are a gay-owned business.
- We are inclusive and accept ALL people. We do not discriminate based on sex, gender, race, religion, disabilities, political beliefs or any other divisive language or labels.
- We support LGBTQ+ organizations, especially but not limited to those that help, mentor, and provide shelter for teens and LGBTQ+ youth.
- We are advocates for the LGBTQ+ community.
- We believe all people deserve to be loved. No matter what.
These are our fundamental beliefs. Our products are LGBTQ+ themed, but are made for all people. If at any time you would like to discuss our beliefs, we are always open to respectful, compassionate discussion, but will not tolerate hate in any form.